Sunday 10 June 2012

A lovely Sunday

Today has been a lovely day.

I sold Dylan Bear to a lovely lady in Texas this morning - I will be sad to see him go but glad he is going to such  a good home.

 I went to visit my dear friends at Long Eaton Art rooms and came away with a bag full of goodies including a painting and two bags by Diane Dakin and some lovely bits of lace from their bit basket - happy days!

 Next I went looking through Long Eaton cemetry for my Great Great Grandmother Sarah Hannah Plackett.



I didn't find her unfortunately but there were many graves that were obscured from view or too badly weathered so I cannot be sure.

Here she is to the left as a young woman and to the right as a grandmother (the little girl is my grandmother Peggy) By all accounts she was a formiddable woman but incredibly kind.

What I did find while walking around was a gorgeous angel that I just have to share with you and also the chapel of rest looked so beautiful in the sunshine.....I hope you don't think me morbid - I always find cemetrys incredibly calming and beautiful places where the past seems to be just around the corner tangible but out of reach.

 Last but not least my gorgeous friend Deb of Tin Chapel textiles passed on to me a very special item indeed that I will treasure forever......take a look below!









Isn't she beautiful?


I have called her Sarah Hannah after my Great Grandmother above as she was manufactured in the year of her birth......1873, what a beautiful coincidence!



I have spent all afternoon rubbing Beeswax and cedar oil into her to make her shine - the house smells divine!

 Next I am going to clean up her treadle mechanism (but not too much) and then set her up for some stitching.

Thank you Deb

2 comments:

  1. you are so welcome, my beautiful friend. I will treasure our friendship forever too. Happy Stitching beaut , I love you sew very much ! :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete